Re: [orca-list] Python code editor

I just just type emacs, but have these two lines in~/.emacs:
(package-initialize)
(load-file "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")

Or you could try speechd-el then have these four lines in ~/.emacs:
(setq speechd-out-active-drivers '(ssip ))
(autoload 'speechd-speak
"speechd-speak" nil t)
(speechd-speak)

Didier