Re: [orca-list] Firefox Regression with Access Key Announcements

This should be fixed in master now.
--joanie

On 10/22/18 6:27 AM, Brandon Tyson via orca-list wrote:
Hello,

For awhile now, Orca has been unable to present access keys on web
pages in Firefox if "Report Object Mnemonics" is selected in Orca's
speech preferences. The last version I remember this working in,
similar to the echo by sentence issue, was 3.18.2.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Using a recent version of Orca such as 3.30.0, open Firefox and go
to a website that contains access keys, such as
http://btprojects.jc-hosting.me
2. Make sure that the "speak object Mnemonics" option is turned on in
Orca's preferences globally for all applications.
3. Tab through the links.
Actual result: When you get to the links, such as "Utilities", "To Do
Lists", "Word Race", "Battery Meter" and "Audio Content", Orca does
not read the access keys that I've placed on them, so if someone wants
to navigate around the site on Linux with Orca they won't know what
these access keys are.
Expected Result: Orca should read each of the access keys, such as:
"Utilities link, alt+shift+u", "Word Race link, alt+shift+w", and so on.

Another site where you can see this is on the Gmail site when in Basic
HTML view. The "Compose Mail" link has an access key of alt+shift+c
which I can press, but Orca doesn't read that out either.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any input you
may have on this.

Also, I just want to say that I appreciate how quickly Echo by
Sentence and support for Pluma's spell checker was improved! Thanks
again for doing that, and thanks again for such a great screen reader!

Sincerely,

Brandon Tyson