Re: [orca-list] Accessibility role for desktop icons

Hey Chris.

In terms of ATK/AT-SPI2 roles, canvas is what Nautilus switched to. That
isn't my preference but it works. Icon is what Nautilus used to use and
what the MATE file explore uses. And I think that would make more sense.

That said, given the list you provided, I see QAccessible::Graphic ("A
graphic or picture, e.g. an icon"). Icon seems right for icons. ;) But
given the lack of other imagey roles, my guess (without looking at any
code) is that QAccessible::Graphic maps to ATK/AT-SPI2 role image. If
so, that's not what we want. And if their Graphic role is used for
actual images, we wouldn't want to change their mapping....

Long way of saying: Try Graphic, and if Orca calls it an image, try
Canvas. If Orca does as you expect with Canvas, run with it. :) If
neither of those work as expected, lemme know.

Thanks!
--joanie