[orca-list] copying files

I have some documents which I want to copy from a USB stick to my home folder.

I went to the USB stick, I managed to select the files after changing the settings in file manager to list view, the standard select all and copy keys worked.

I went to my home folder, wemt to the documents folder, did a cursor right and did the CTRL V or pulled down the menu to do the appropriate commands and.

I went back to my desktop, opened the documents folder and the folder was empty.

I eventually located the files only they seemed to have been pasted in the wrong place instead of them being sent to the Documents folder so i deleted them in case I ended up with duplicate files everywhere.

What am I doing wrong.

I am sure I heard on a Podcast that copying text or something and pasting it was slightly different in Linux than it is on a mac or in Windows wso I am wondering if the proceedure for copying files from a USB Stick to the documents folder in Home is different in Linux maybe which might explain my files being place in the wrong place.

I only found them by pressing ALT F1 and discovering they were just added to the list of apps and not my documents folder.