[orca-list] Kali with Orca on a USB or as a VM

Hello group',
I wanted to use Kali distribution for a test. I wanted first to use it on a USB drive,without installing it, but it didn't seem to start, or at least, Orca was not starting when I would try to launche it using alt+super+s command. It didn't do anything, so I decided to try to make a VM from its iso immage, but it seems that something is wrong with it too. I red somewhere that Orca comes preinstalled with the last version of Kali. So what would you recommend? How to try and make it speak, if possible, without sided assistance?
Thanks to everyone in advance, and best regards!
          Miloš