Re: [orca-list] Accessible instalation in Fedora

Hello Luciano,

Yes the Fedora installation is fully accessible using Orca.

Orca is started using the usual Alt+Super+S key combination.

One problem with the Fedora live image is that there is no way to know when the desktop is ready as there is no sound like with Ubuntu.

However once you get Orca started with Alt+Super+S you should be able to install Fedora.

The standard Fedora image comes with Gnome - which is OK for accessibility though not perfect, however there is a Fedora Mate spin which you may prefer if you are already used to Mate.

Overall I am quite happy with Fedora and have been using it since Fedora 21. I used to be an Ubuntu user but I like the fact that Fedora tends to ship with more updated packages - where as Ubuntu tends to go more for stability.

I kind of think of Fedora as being somewhere between the cutting edge of Arch and the stability of Ubuntu.

Regards,

Nick