Re: [orca-list] an error message during backup

Hello,

On 26/11/2018 14:44, Michael Weaver via orca-list wrote:

I got the following warning message when backing up to my new c-gate
drive which I am now using as a backup drive only or rather it
specifies a file it couldn't backup in a dialogue box.

will this be a problem?

/home/michael/.dbus

Long answer:
Most probbaly this directory is owned by by root, maybe because you
started some application that needs a dbus access using sudo.

To check, just type:
stat -c %U .dbus
I guess that it will print:
root

As it has perms 0700 it can be written only by the user (in this case,
root).

You can safely remove this directory as root and anyway there is no need
to back it up at it is only used during a single graphical session,
cf. the text below "automatic launching" in:
https://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-launch.1.html

Short version:
Dont worry.

@All: always avoid writing anything as root in your home directory as