Re: [orca-list] Problem with GParted

Hello,

Okay, let me expand on what I have started in my previous message about this topic.

GTK2 and GTK3 include the accessibility support out of the box as loadable modules. However with gnome it's somehow configured to always load these loadable modules.

We can try to export an environment variable GTK_MODULES with gail,atk-bridge to explicitly load these.

However turning on accessibility support in mate does something different because this variable is not set. Perhaps it might also work if you login as root to mate, enable accessibility and then leave it that way.

sudo -E

preserves the user environment when running app as root so this is for sure just matter of some tweak for mate however I don't know where this can be adjusted.

I'd expect if this worked the same way under mate than it's working under gnome.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 21. 11. 2018 o 14:48 Majid Hussain napísal(a):
hi there,

write,
is this a orca issue or a desktop enviroment one?
if the latter than would it not make sence to submit an issue via
github to the mate desktop fokes?
if an orca issue you've reported the issue, maybe a dbug.out may help?
thanks,
Majid Hussain