Re: [orca-list] Reading Thai via Orca

Hello,

I apologize for the late reply. Most likelly you've already figured this out. In case you still need a hint, I think you just need to go to the screen reader preferences by pressing orca+space from anywhere and on the second tab from the left you can switch voice to thai.
ESpeak will change the accent, you should be able to read thai and understand enough english to return it back.

If you then would like to quickly switch these two configurations, you can save it as orca profiles trough the same screen reader preferences window and finally assign a keyboard shortcut to the cycle profiles action on the key bindings tab.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa November 7, 2018 7:53:11 PM UTC používateľ Matt - Envrin Group via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> napísal:
Hi everyone,

Moving back to Asia shortly, and before going blind, I was capable of
reading and writing Thai language. Wasn't fluent, but enough to have
online conversations with locals. I can speak better than I can read
and write.

I want to be able to restore my ability to do that. Writing I can
figure out, although will just take me a little time, as I don't have
the Thai keyboard fully memorized but know it enough.

My problem is reading Thai via Orca. All I get right now is for
example, "Thai letter b37, Thai letter b41, Thai letter b24", and so
on. I'm assuming that's the brail annotation of the Thai alphabet.

I'm curious, is there anyway to get Orca to actually speak Thai to me?
If not, is there at least any way to get Orca to speak the Thai
alphabet characters (eg. "mor maa", "gor gai", etc.) instead of the
brail annotation?

Thanks,
Matt
orca-list mailing list
orca-list gnome org

Odoslané z môjho Android zariadenia prostredníctvom K-9 Mail. Prosím, ospravedlňte moju stručnosť.