[orca-list] Install Orca Master was: RE: Need help locating a message

Andy et al,

I’m having a big issue here with this link provided. I was able to go into Software Updater, Settings, Other software tab, and check both the boxes for partners and partners source. I reloaded, hit OK on software updater, opened Terminal with Alt+CTRL+T, did my apt-get install git

That worked fine, but the next step’s where I’m getting stuck. I’m now doing:

sudo apt-get build-dep orca

as Andy outlined. When I do so, I’m being told it cannot find any package source with that name of orca.

I tried gnome-orca instead, but that didn’t work either.

Upon doing

orca -v

I’m told 3.28.0. No pre, no master, nothing. Just 3.28.0.

I have reasons for wanting to install the Master. I can’t continue though with the steps until we figure out why on earth it’s telling me there is no package with that name.

This is a freshly new partitioned/formatted system. Ubuntu Mate 18.04 LTS.

I’ve literally speaking done ab, suh, lootly nothing! nada! with this system. It’s only been installed all of maybe 45 minutes at time of writing this message from my other Windows 10 machine.

Literally the only thing I’ve done aside the above is once I first booted into my installation, I opened Terminal and did:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

Note, I didn’t say dist-upgrade

Can someone help me out here? What am I missing?

Andy’s original message, with the link I’m referencing to above is below.