Re: [orca-list] best desktop environment for orca?

Hello,

Le 18/05/2018 à 19:11, Jace Kattalakis a écrit :
To the people who mentioned XFCE, what's the simplest way of getting Orca to work with it, just export the
variables into my .xinitrc file or did that change over the years? I'll admit, never tried XFCE but now I
want to in order to see what all the fuss is about.

Jace

I don't know in other distributions, but to have orca working wherever possible including XFCE with this in
~/.profile:
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk"
export GTK_MODULES="gail:atk-bridge" # for GTK2
export GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1
export QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1 # for QT4
export QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON=1 # for QT5

Of course if you don't use any Qt application the two last settings are useless. But, they don't hurt.

Also, we start orca for a given user with a file ~/.config/autostart/startorca.desktop:
didier[~]$ cat .config/autostart/startorca.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Version=1.0
Name=orca