Re: [orca-list] Editing video

Hello,

Handbrake is just a converter usefull for transcoding and ripping I think. I have used it successfully several times.

Mastering ffmpeg is awesome as well however while doing everything via ffmpeg you need to do everything manually i.e. counting times and  frames, using something else for preview, using more intermediate files and so on.

Using the graphical editor might add some advantages if it's somewhat accessible. It might allow more besides transcoding and save us from all the manual work involved while using ffmpeg.

Still both ffmpeg and handbrake are already usefull for me.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 17.05.2018 o 07:01 B. Henry napísal(a):
I know some folks were using handbrake a while back, but have not tried it
myself, i.e. they may have been getting sighted elp where it should not be
strictly needed, but do not remember any complaints. Downloading it now to see
just what all it can do.
I'm installing lives as well to take a look, never heard of it till reading
this thread.
Of course if you don't mind doing a bit of typing you can do a lot with
ffmpeg, and once you learn opts and syntax for things you do you might be able
to script or maybe even write a couple of aliases or shell functions to cut
down on the memorization and typing. It is the backend for a lot of the
transcoders and converters found in popular distros' repos.