Re: [orca-list] Should Orca ever speak "frame" for windows?

Hello,

I think suppressing the frame is very difficult if not impossible. Perhaps while switching windows when pressing alt+tab we might be able to elliminate reporting of window or suppress the role (not accessible name) of the frame. However I don't know if this can be relyably detected or this might introduce unwanted side effects elsewhere. I don think supressing role reporting of all the frames is a good idea without trying to think about possible side effects first.

On a related note perhaps evaluating the presentation of focus changes when it involves handling ancestors / descendants / parent accessible objects is even more usefull when we are looking about streamlining the verbosity.

For example I do have s/mime certificates for some of my email accounts in thunderbird and for others I have not. Thunderbird sometimes popups a dialog for me that asks me about the my identity. And it sounds like the the dialog title is reported three times. First with no role reported, then with frame role and finally with a role of dialog.

I don't think this is urgent, I would just like to point out that I guess this might be better direction than supressing reporting of some roles and states globally.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 16.05.2018 o 19:27 Kyle napísal(a):
My position is probably unpopular, but I'm going with no. Because speech is a necessarily slow interface, less is more, and all time savings, no matter how small, is always helpful.

Imetumwa kutoka simu yangu