Re: [orca-list] Using Orca or other screen readers with router operating systems

I actually thought about going that route, I know that DD-WRT, when you want to add extra packages to a router that has it installed, you add Debian repositories, so I wasn't sure if this was an option or not. But I'm actually thinking of going that route. I will honestly say, I'm wondering what this machine is capable of, as I've actually gotten venix to run on a zandru's Netbook, with like 500 Megs or 1 gig of RAM, and unfortunately it all wouldn't fit on a 4 gig solid state drive, since that's what they decided to put in this crappy Netbook at the time! So I ended up installing it and having to boot it from an actual SD card. But I'll try the command line installed of Debian, with speak up, and see where I can go from there. I don't think he'll try a graphical desktop, because obviously that probably won't run. But I'm definitely going to try the Debian approach. And I've looked at pfSense and the past, and it appears yes, you need sighted assistance to get that up and running. So I'll play with it a little, and report back. I just need to grab a Debian stretch image, and put it on a USB thumb drive. That's if he even I can boot this machine and that configuration.