Re: [orca-list] Using Orca or other screen readers with router operating systems

I use debian on all my routers.
I'm currently running debian stretch on my router and no gui.
I installed with speech (speakup) and I do all admin tasks via ssh.
However, it's nice to have an accessible text console with speakup and
brltty when network is down etc.

I only use my router for routing and firewalling and I have a box with
four nics where I am currently using three nics.
One for wan (internet).
One for the local network.
One for dmz where I have publically accessible servers running.

So, install debian.
Install shorewall and dnsmasq and you have a powerful router/firewall
which is totally accessible.

I've been running this for years now.
I used to have a box running smoothwall/ipcop and even pfsense which
are brilliant firewalls but I can't install them without sighted
assistance and I got tired of asking for help.
Debian installation with only base system and shorewall and dnsmasq is
very simple to configure and you can easily install other useful
software like a IDS like snort etc.

Shorewall is a iptables frontend and you configure your
firewall/router/gateway in plain text files with your favorite text
editor.