Re: [orca-list] VmWare problem

What problems are you having with VMware and Linux?

I had no problem with VMware Player on Vinux 5.1, based on Ubuntu 14.04, but when I installed Ubuntu 16.04, I couldn't get VMware Player to work. Orca would just stop talking once I alt tabbed into the VMware Player window.

I've since started using Virt-Manager, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get Windows running in it since I only have a USB stick to boot Windows from.

On 03/20/2018 05:42 AM, sonfire11 gmail com wrote:
Hi,

How did you get VMWare to work in linux? I tried in ubuntu 17+ and it always fails to work. I have tried
VMWare 12.5 all the way up to 14.1.1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ubuntu-accessibility <ubuntu-accessibility-bounces lists ubuntu com> On Behalf Of Nick Wood
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:17 AM
To: ubuntu-accessibility lists ubuntu com
Subject: Re: VmWare problem

Hi Glenn,

Are you sure that Ubuntu has the keyboard focus?  If not, your keystrokes will not go through to the guest
operating system.

I use VMWare on linux, and by default VMWare does not grab keyboard focus unless you either put the VM into
full screen or press Ctrl+G (or click with the mouse somewhere inside the guest operating system's window)

So when you hear the bongos, try Ctrl+G, and then try the Orca key
combination which is Alt+Super+S.   Orca should start speaking.

Regards,

Nick