Re: [orca-list] mouse review: Orca announces the context on each elements

On 06/27/2018 11:22 AM, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
Le 27/06/2018 à 16:59, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Fair enough. By the same token, I don't want to have to support old
versions of MATE. So maybe that's a win for Hypra and its users?;)

Could it be possible for you to add a comment on the bug report to
explain the position of the Orca maintainer?

Done. https://github.com/mate-desktop/caja/pull/1010#issuecomment-400720478

As you may infer from my comment, in this particular case it's not even
a matter of supporting old versions of MATE. At the time of my response
to you, I had forgotten that the fix which is now in Caja master is
actually necessary to reliably provide the user experience you expect
without potentially breaking other things.

--joanie