Re: [orca-list] Orca not starting under 4.17.2 kernel

An update:
FI first installed all non kernel updates and rebooted. I had a minor issue with Pulse 12.0 and espeakup starting, but I killed all instances of espeakup, exited the running Pulse daemon, then restarted espeakup.
I started X at that point, and Orca started up automatically like it should.
Then I upgraded the kernel and rebooted. Espeakup started as normal.
I started X again, and Orca ran just fine.
I hope you're able to resolve your issue. I guess I'll see how it goes on my main system the next time I update the kernel. FYI: Test environment is running under VMware Fusion 8 on an old iMac. (My Mac is too old for Fusion 10).