[orca-list] seeking 2 Applications with an accessible graphical interface

I am looking for an accessible reminder application. Something that I could use that would pop up alerts
reminding me of things I have entered into the program. I am using the Mate Desktop, which I do not believe
has a notification area like gnome. therefore, it would need to be something that will literally pop a window
up in the foreground which I could then read. and preferably something which automatically would run in the
background. I guess as a daemon.

next Lee, I would like some sort of a contact manager. would it be best to just use the address book with in
Thunderbird, or is there a solution I could use outside of the client. again, I would want something which
has a graphical interface. I do not want to do this via commandline. I know about chron, as far as the
reminder application goes, but that's above the skill level I possess right now with Linux.

thank you for any help.

Chris.

Sent from my iPhone