Re: [orca-list] Voxin 1.14: Your opinion?

I don't use Eloquence any more , but it's not for the reasons Kyle documents. I use Nuance and Google TTS on my Windows PC and Android phone respectively just because in my old age I want better quality speech. On my Linux boxes, I use eSpeak with Orca since it's plenty good enough and it's easy to set up, i.e. it's the default.

I don't really care what other people use or prefer. It doesn't bother me at all if someone else chooses to use Eloquence, so it would never even occur to me to go on some rant about how Eloquence should die, die, die! I also assume people are responsible adults, so I don't need to be their parent and tell them what is and isn't good for them. Choice is one of the big reasons I choose to use Linux and Android.