Re: [orca-list] How to have beeps on progress bar updates instead of voice announcements?

Le 30/07/2018 à 17:58, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Did you enable the beeps and disable the spoken announcement in the
preferences?

If I only enable beeps I'm hearing nothing on progress bar.

A friend of me told me there is compilation dependencies for this feature. Do I assume if I see the checkbox on the interface beeps is available on the system? If not, what is require for that? Does Orca 3.24 is sufficient? (My user is on Debian 8 "Jessie" so due to Orca dependencies on at-spi I can't upgrade him on more recent version so If he has to wait until a more recent version I can tell him)

Best regards,
Alex.