Re: [orca-list] Strange situations in Orca-Master

Hello,

Joanmarie Diggs, le ven. 20 juil. 2018 11:48:00 -0400, a ecrit:
Any chance these issues are a side effect of the changes you recently
made to Orca?

Yes.

On 07/20/2018 10:52 AM, Maksym Bilak via orca-list wrote:
1. Even if the pronunciation of punctuation is completely turned off, I
still hear the pronunciation ' (apos) and " (quot), while navigating
with the arrows up and down;

The currently released version of speech-dispatcher does not properly
handle them in ssml. Perhaps we can avoid encoding them within orca for
now, until the next version of speech-dispatcher parses them properly.
I believe that not encoding them should not pose problem, it's just that
XML recommends doing it. In
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/merge_requests/15
I have just commented them for now.

2. There is also a situation that I observe only when using speech
synthesizers that have their own module for Speech-dispatcher. Steps to
reproduce:

I could reproduce it, I have pushed a fix to
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/merge_requests/14

(gitlab.gnome.org has troubles today, so I can't create merge requests).

Samuel