Re: [orca-list] Orca doesn't speak after having used stty

Hi Didier.

Regarding this:

On 07/09/2018 01:10 PM, Didier Spaier wrote:

[...]

However the behavior remains the same using espeakup in a console.

On one hand this is not surprising as then Orca doesn't come into play.

On the other hand I am still eager to know why. I am using the same
version of espeak-ng in both cases. espeakup version O.80 and the
espeak driver shipped in Linux 4.4.132, built-in.

Are you asking why does Orca speak it but speakup doesn't speak it even
though they are both using espeak-ng? If so, the answer is that Orca's
logic for deciding what should be spoken is different from Speakup's
logic for deciding what should be spoken. It has nothing to do with
espeak-ng or the espeak driver.

--joanie