Re: [orca-list] update on the speech dispatcher bug

Hi Kendell,

Do you reproduce the same issue with stable (not git) versions of Orca and speech-dispatcher ?

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager

Le 31/01/2018 à 00:29, kendell clark a écrit :
Hi all

Just an update on my report about the speech dispatcher bug that prevents orca from speaking. It seems to affect both orca from git and speech dispatcher from git. I’ve done some basic tests, but I can’t find any obvious errors. Both orca and speech dispatcher start up without any errors printed, espeak “hi” speaks, but orca doesn’t speak. I’m not even certain it actually starts, since I can’t get into the orca preferences with orca+space. This might be distro agnostic, but I’m noticing it on the latest stable antergos, 18.1. Although the orca on the image itself speaks just fine, the installed one, 3.26, doesn’t, and updating from git doesn’t fix it or speech dispatcher. Can anyone else confirm? I’m seeing other threads on hear about speech dispatcher crashing, so this could be the same bug. I’ve also reported this to the antergos guys on twitter, but not sure if they can do anything.

Thanks

Kendell Clark