Re: [orca-list] Submit bug to github

Hello,

gnome/orca repository on github is just a read-only mirror we can use for checkout and fork it when implementing possible experiments.
This github repo is mirrored from https://git.gnome.org/browse/orca/ .
This all means orca is not using github issues, pull requests and similar features.
If you wish to report a bug to orca you can register at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/  and once registered and logged in you can submit a bug at this url https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=orca .
From my past experience it might be enough to discuss the matter here and if the issue is verified you can fill it as suggested or there is a chance issue in some other system library or an app will block this from working the way you are expecting it to thus depending on the follow up discussion it might be more appropriate to file the bug somewhere else.

And now to your issue.
I am on Arch Linux with Gnome 3.26, Orca master and libreoffice 5.4.4.
I'm trying your steps like this:
- Launch Libreoffice calc
- Type in some random text into a few random cells,
- Press ctrl+shift+s to bring up the save as dialog,
- Shift+tab to the list of files, then shift+tab once more to land on an unlabelled toggle button,
- Once the toggle button is in focus I can press space to activate the button,
- Edit field will be revealed and it will receive the focus,
- At this point I can type in the name of a new folder,
- If I am typing including pressing left or right shift keys these are only reported only once,
- So when I'm done typing I press the enter key and the folder gets created and focus is placed into the empty list.
- Pressing shift key alone at this point does only report it once.

So either I have missunderstood your steps or I can't reproduce the issue on my system.

Thanks and greetings

Peter

While waiting responses,

I would like to report what I find:
Using Debian 9 with Mate Desktop, Libreoffice 5.4.2, Gnome Orca 3.22.2 (and also tried 3.26.0)
When I save a brand new document, a save dialog box appear. Then I navigate to a button and create a new folder and type a folder name. When I press Shift key, orca will speak "Left shift" over and over until I close save dialog.
Is there anyone here experiencing the same problem? Perhaps I need to set something in Orca Setting?

Best Regards

Edhoari Setiyoso