Re: [orca-list] my report on slint

Hello,

Le 31/01/2018 à 05:34, B. Henry a écrit :

Eleven gigs is pretty huge...lol, and wile I don't remember all the
desktops offered, in general it'd be very simple to just add a simple
menu, or just > take an input number in the  case of a shell scripted
solution, e.g. 1 for lxde, 2 for mate, 3 for xfce, 4 for all of the
above and 5 for none, and take a space delimited list for those who
want more than one desktop.

Only 8.5g if you don't install KDE. And apart from this one, none of
one listed takes that much space. But we ship several huge applications.

Nowadays, but some very small noteboks you can hardly find a computer
with less than 500G anyway.

And yes, partitioning scares the hell out of many people, even some
with years of computing experience, so again, very valid point K.C.

Agreed.

I could script a partioning solution if no one else has the time,

That would be very welcome indeed.

and a solid CLI installer would  be much less traumatic for most
novices, and more than one otherwise fairly proficient user.

See my answer to Kendell. I am open to discussion.

How large is the iso download?

3.4 G (the one I will release real soon).

I'd like to take it for a test drive, and if anyone is interested see
if my accessible fluxbox tricks work on the distro.

Please wait until I upload the new ISO, in less than 24 hours.

Fluxbox is shipped so will be able to try your tricks.
Small caveat:in Fluxbox as in other graphical environments Alt+F1
brings up an appl;ication menu and Alt+F4 closes the focused window,
however Alt+F just restarts Fluxbox instead of brining up a Run...
dialg (because fbrun is not accessible and other Run... dilaos dont work
in Fluxbox).

But yu can type the commmands in a terminal, tghat can be started from
the application menu.

Greetings,

Didier