Re: [orca-list] VMware player/workstation

Yes, I gave up vmware in favor of virtualbox years ago. But is it the theory of the OP that they didn't register vmware correctly? I remember this from back when I was using vmware, there is a way to enter the license key at the command line. It was on the debian wiki for vmware. I also posted it to the vmware community forumn. Actually, as I write, it occurs to me to google it. The command line command to install a license key is still on the debian wiki. It says you cand do this:

/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware-vmx --new-sn 123-123-123-123...123

I can verify that it used to work years ago.