Re: [orca-list] Orca and Kali Linux

I did a recent install of kali linux and booted and couldn't get any speech started from orca or speakup and orca didn't come up speaking automatically even though I had a talking install of kali linux happening. I don't have sighted help around here so if it don't talk it don't install either.

\On Fri, 5 Jan 2018, Jos? Vilmar Est?cio de Souza wrote:

Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 16:42:24
From: Jos? Vilmar Est?cio de Souza <vilmar informal com br>
To: Felipe Veiga Ramos <fvrlistas2 gmail com>, orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca and Kali Linux

Hi Felipe.

I have no experiences with Kali but you can try the following, with the help of a friendly eye.

1. Check if speech-dispatcher is running and working.

you can run in the terminal: spd-say hello

2. check if orca is running using the following command:

pgrep -lf orca

3. Try run orca in the terminal using the following:

orca --replace 1>arq.1 2>arq.2&

Send the files arq.1 and arq.2