Re: [orca-list] Orca Locks the Orca key

I think I've seen this too. It seems to happen when I accidentally tap the mouse pointer embedded in my keyboard, contact the touchpad, or simulate left/right clicks. When that happens, the Orca key seems to get stuck. This manifests in odd things, like pressing Enter in Terminal speaks "Read-only: terminal" as if I've used the where-am-I key. The only way I've found to escape this is to trigger another left/right mouse click, sometimes in the initial app where this happened.

As an aside, for a long time now I've been agitating for some sort of in-memory FIFO log of the last minute of Orca activity. So many times I see folks asked to reproduce issues, and as an experienced software developer myself, even I'm challenged to reproduce some of the many issues I've had with Orca. Yet, if we could keep a debug log of the most recent events, then dump that to disk, I think I could provide many more useful bug reports. The only current alternative is to enable all debug output which, if it takes hours to days to reproduce something, is going to produce an unwieldy file very quickly. You then need to open said unwieldy file in a text editor, which Gedit at least struggles with in the case of large files, then trim it down. You also have to clean up old debug logs. In short, the deck is stacked against folks trying to provide debug logs for difficult-to-reproduce issues, which unfortunately are the bulk of what I encounter with Orca these days.

Thanks.