[orca-list] Occasional distored speech using default Orca and Espeak on Ubuntu 16.04

Hello everyone

When using the version of Orca that ships with ubuntu 16.04 LTS, Espeak becomes distorted reading. This happens very frequently and I wonder if anyone else has encountred this. I am running Ubuntu in a VM for the time being, and I am wonering if it has to do with hte faact that installed the third party ofptions offered by the installer?

Thanks for any advice/help

Best wishes

James