Re: [orca-list] How do you edit markup? e.g. html?

Maybe I'm a bit unusual, but I just use a text editor that is *not* emacs, as I find emacs very difficult even for a technically inclined user like myself. In fact, I generally use Pluma here. The trick is that you want the punctuations spoken, for example, a Markdown link such as {this}(https://example.com/this) should be read by your screen reader similar to "left square bracket this right square bracket left parenthesis https colon slash slash example dot com slash this right parenthesis."
and a link in html like
should be read similar to
"left angle bracket a href equals quote https colon slash slash example dot com slash this right angle bracket this left angle bracket slash a right angle bracket" Orca does have a punctuation mode that you can set to either most or all in order to hear this information while editing. Both Speakup and Fenrir have similar options as well. Punctuation symbols like the ones used above will be read differently by different speech synthesizers, but you can definitely hear them all no matter what screen reader and text editor you use.
Imetumwa kutoka tumbo langu