Re: [orca-list] Urgently need help updating Orca

Hello Chris,

[quoted lines from Christopher Gilland]

I really insist that I'd like to try updating to 3.27 from 3.26, I'm not at all sure however how to go
about doing this. I know next to nothing at all when it comes to Github, and have always found it a bear to
navigate on Windows, let alone Linux, which I am still very very much new to actively browsing the web with.

The Ubuntu page for the source of your current package (version 3.26.0) is:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/bionic/orca

It contains a link to the source tarball version 3.26.0

To get the source tarball for 3.27.3, you can type in a terminal:
wget  ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/orca/3.27/orca-3.27.3.tar.xz

But that's not enough, as there is a Debian recipe for for making a package that should be used, and which I
don't know.

I hope someone else can tell you that.

Didier

PS there really should exist a way to increase the sound volume in the console, so that you could use espeak
in a such an environment.