[orca-list] MATE: icons description

Title: signature_jp_2
Hi,

When browsing on the MATE desktop, most icons are described as "Desktop config file icon". In French this description is still longer and technical. End-users, I mean basic users, especially discovering computers, are afraid hearing this.

As it is juste an accessibility label (I guess, sent by Caja as descriptor file), and given the type of the file (rare), I plan to patch it to describe such files as "bindings" or "desktop shortcuts". Would be acceptable for you?

According to your feedbacks, I will submit such a patch at the end of week to Caja (or GTK if it is the origin). Of course I can apply it in Hypra caja relase, but I prefer to share with the community if it is an improvement. Again, I speak for basic users, not advanced users who know to sort information and using screen reader as blind persons.

Thanks for feedback.

Regards,

--
Logo