Re: [orca-list] about to try manjaro

hi

I'll download a debian testing image right now. Unfortunately manjaro was inaccessible, it's mate edition didn't include mate, but after connecting to the internet and installing it, mate did work, and was accessible, but manjaro's installer, a qt5 thing called calamares, was completely invisible to orca, even with the "sudo -E" trick. I did manage to get antergos to work, although it's still hit or miss. I can't figure out what's going on with speech dispatcher. It doesn't seem to be a bug in speech dispatcher, but something screwy with my sound setup. Spd-say hi doesn't speak, but after doing "sudo alsactl store" a couple of times speech magically works. Until the next boot. I'll try debian testing if this problem persists. I love mate 1.20 by the way. The accessibility improvements are noticeable, especially in atril. Fantastic work everyone involved in mate, especially hypra! I want to help out mate and all linux distros now that I have a usable system without windows.

Thanks

Kendell Clark