Re: [orca-list] Accessible scanning/ocr software

So lios is probably a gui front-end for tesseract. A few years ago, I wanted to scan in the Dungeons & Dragons 5E players handbook. I spent a lot of time trying every OCR package I could find for linux. I did my best to fine-tune the scans for each package but I was never able to come even close to the accuracy I got from tesseract with any other package. But I was able to get amazing accuracy from tesseract.

PS: If there is anyone out there looking for a D&D or pathfinder game, I might be able to hook you up. Or if you are interested in my text file D&D 5th edition players guide let me know. I was going to post it to bookshare but I couldn't get it converted to RTF.