Re: [orca-list] terminal/highlight tracking?

Inspection of some of those menus with espeak will show different colored
items one will differ from the others and that's the highlighted item.
Sometimes only one item has a star in parens too.

--
Hello.

I believe orca mostly tracks screen position on a terminal by tracking a
cursor.
However, I believe that some specific software like bootloaders and
firmwares running on virtual machines that output to serial consoles or
such stuff do not update the cursor at all., and it is not possible to
easily use any kind of menus where options are only being highlighted
without moving the cursor. Even though orca detects that the contents of
the screen changes.
Would it be possible to add such feature, or does anyone have any
suggestions? I usually assume I am at the top option and count arrow
presses, or if option descriptions are displayed for a highlighted
option, i read them to know where I am, but this is not optimal.