Re: [orca-list] Podcast about installing Accessible Coconut

Having tried the Coconut out....hey, I like it. I like the idea of it and it evevn works well on Virtualbox.....but....I just feel like as with  a lot of distros, there's a ton of overlap. Why for example does Unetbootin and the default SC (startup disc creator) both come on the .iso for instanceexample? Don't get me wrong, I like it. But I do have a few issues with the whole thing though. I like the idea, I just feel like there's quite a few apps I personally wouldn't put in an .iso (I never get why Cheese is included or Brasero on an install), while yes 18.04's minimal install does fix a lot of it, it'd be nice to have an 18.04 minimal install with one or two programs per category, f.ex. Firefox/Chromium with speech, or Gimp and something else, not 10-15 programs cluttering up space. That being said that's probably my only major gripe....oh and that it doesn't run 1.20 Mate. I like my menu thanks, I'm so used to it now I had to remember it wasn't in 16.04 out the box. I like the fact there's a togle for Orca on the desktop, that's something I wish more distros would do (Wimpy needs to take note IMO), and I like the user guide but I did come across a few inaccuracies (no WINE install, few typos)

On the whole, I'll probably shove it on one of my backup machines, since it's not 18.04 yet and I'd like to keep my main machines up to date. That being said.....I'm all for things like the Coconut. Just hoping for a future 18.04 version at some point. I had one last comment but I won't say it to avoid triggering a flame war

/OT

Also what, okay, Orca relate....since when did Orca get OCR and is that solely for documents or (say) iff I got Kodi up with subtitles, is it ablee to read subtitles or if I got a picture up with a sign in, could I read the sign with OCR or am I being too hopeful?