Re: [orca-list] gnome-mud

Yes but if you run debian on a chromebook with crouton you cant access a vt terminal

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Från: Storm Dragon
Skickat: den 28 september 2017 22:09
Till: Orca-list
Ämne: Re: [orca-list] gnome-mud

Howdy,

Personally, I  MUD from the console, using the screen reader Fenrir: https://github.com/chrys87/fenrir

I am the developer of the tintin-alteraeon pack, so everything is well tested on the console side of things. I do have some users who do everything from within gnome using Orca. So, I try my best to keep things working there too.

In fact, it should even work in Macs. I hear that voiceover's terminal support leaves a lot to be desired though. I think that TDSR is supposed to work on macs too though, so that may be an option. I'm sure Fenrir could be extended to work in a Mac invironment. It is designed to be easily extendable and will have terminal emulator support soon as well as being a full featured console screen reader.

I know there was some interest in porting it over to BSD too, but I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in doing that or not.

So, if you are interested in the tintin-alteraeon pack, or need help, feel free to contact me off list. I can also help with Fenrir setup if needed. The tintin-alteraeon pack should work just as well using Orca and gnome-terminal as it does in console though. You may want to disable the menu access keys for gnome-terminal though. This will let you use quick navigation keys as well as the setkey function in the pack.

HTH

Storm

--

Storm Dragon

Linux accessibility community: https://linux-a11y.org/

24 hour IRC support: irc.linux-a11y.org #a11y

Voice chat and support: mumble.linux-a11y.org