Re: [orca-list] WebAIM Screen Reader User Survey #7

I also agree it is probably worth responding to the survey. it is just 5 minutes or less.

Fernando

On 09/13/2017 09:38 AM, Zahari Yurukov wrote:
Hi,
Note, that they still include Linux and Orca in the final results, so there's still a point of us showing up.
The main damage of not including Linux and Orca as options in the questions is that users of other platforms,
who don't know that this is an option, will continue to be ignorant.
And even if they've heard about Linux a11y, excluding it from the survey signals to them that it's not a
viable option.
However, being present in the final results is still something - those are read (supposedly) by developers,
so it would be good if they see there are Linux and Orca users, who use Firefox, accessibility on Linux is
improving, etc.
And as I mentioned Firefox, it continues to be browser number one for accessibility, so it would be good if
we boost it's rating a bit, giving that JAWS users use primarily  Internet Explorer.