Re: [orca-list] Intro and a question

Hello,

I would say after reading the page listing debian installer changes here https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/release-notes/ch-installing.en.html#inst-changes that since Debian Jessie, Mate is the default desktop when espeakup or brltty is running when installing.
Here is a relevant quote...

Accessibility in the installer and the installed system

The installer produces two beeps instead of one when booted with grub, so users can tell that they have to use the grub method of editing entries.

MATE desktop is the default desktop when brltty or espeakup is used in debian-installer.

Of course it should be possible to choose multiple desktops environments right while installing.

I have never installed debian my-self and I'm only passing what I was able to find by reading docs. Have you already tried installing and are you missing mate on an installed system or what's not quite how you are expecting?

Greetings

Peter

Hello,

My name is Armando. I am a somewhat new user of linux and am trying to install debian Desktop Mate OS. What am I doing wrong? I do not see an option to install from DVD, maybe I grabbed wrong version? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Armando