Re: [orca-list] How in the world do you enter data into Libreoffice-Calc?

Hello,

It appears as a bug to me.
On my machine with orca 3.26, at-spi2-core 2.26 and libreoffice 5.4.2 It works as intended without having to follow a libreoffice specific instructions.
I can start libreoffice calc and use all four arrow keys to navigate over empty cells inside a new spreadsheet.
I'm getting a feetback like 'blank A1', 'blank B1' and similar from orca at this point.
Once I start typing into an empty cell the editor expands automatically.
I can finish typing and hit esc key to cancel or the enter key to confirm.
When pressing the enter key cursor jumps to the cell below the cell I'm currently editing. When typing in initial value I can also press the right arrow key to jump to the cell to the right of a cell currently being edited.
Interaction with the cell editor is somewhat sluggish here however I can remember it's like that for years so I am afraid we can't easily fix that in the mean time. I guess there is a relevant bug filled at the libre office bug tracker for the sluggishness aka possible event flood however I can't locate it.

Greetings

Peter

I was trying to show a friend of mine the accessibility of Libreoffice Calc, and failed epicly!

I was going to type in A1, 5, then in B1 10. In C1, I was going to type =A1+B1.

I wanted then in C1 for that formula to get converted to say 15.

After, in A1 typing 5, I tried to right arrow, but it wouldn't let me out of A1. NO matter what I tried, I was stuck in that cell. I can't seem to tab, enter won't work, flat review won't work, escape then right arrow won't work.

So, after typing something into a cell, how the hell do you get out of it, and move?

Even hitting F10 to go to the menu bar then hitting escape to leave it didn't help.

Chris.