Re: [orca-list] Mini PCs with linux?

I haven't played with any of the computers you mentioned, though I've had very good luck running the Odroid C2 screenless, complete with the MATE desktop.
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G145457216438
It is one of few that I've been able to get working unmodified with no screen. Many others need some sort of dongle connected to the HDMI port, even if it's nothing but a VGA adapter. Installation is just a little different on these than on the x86 models, but in some cases it's actually easier, only involving untarring a file to mounted storage media on a working machine or a simple dd to unmounted storage media, depending on the distribution. I'm quite familiar with this mini PC, as I'm using it as my daily driver for more than half a year now. Before that I used an Odroid XU4,
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G143452239825
which is one that needs a connected dongle or screen in order to show a desktop, and is a 32-bit computer, but has 8 processor cores, and also uses very little power, though it does use slightly more than the 64-bit quad-core C2. In either case, you will find these are fairly inexpensive, both in terms of initial price and power consumption. For detailed help, feel free to mail me off-list.
Sent from the center of town