Re: [orca-list] Linux distributions with latest software for 32 bit systems

Hello,

Arch linux has also deprecated 32 bit however 32 bit packages are not yet dropped from the official repositories. In fact these are all up to date on par with their 64 bit counterparts e.g. you can get Gnome 3.26, linux 4.13 and similar recent stuff.
If you are targetting as recent as possible, respecting upstream, awesome, easy on packaging then perhaps this will be your choice.

Greetings

Peter

Hi all,

I still have an old 32 bit netbook that runs win xp.
though i am pretty careful doing that. *smile*
so i plan to move that 7 year old box over to linux.
the battery and the other hardware parts are still in good shape so why throwing that away.
Anyone has a idea which distro i could install?

I want something that has the latest software or nearly the latest.

Fedora and Antergos seem to have no 32 bit variants anymore.

Greetings,
Simon

---