Re: [orca-list] A question: making orca to work with braille

Hello,

Le 22/10/2017 à 19:16, ArkadiusZ a écrit :
Hello,
How can I make orca working with BRLTTY? I am using Arch as my distro, gnome 3.26 and the latest Orca. I
have added my user to the brlapi group, but that didn't help.

Check that there exist a file /etc/brlapi.key, owned by root:braille and with perms 0640

If not, generate it. As root:
cut here
chmod 755 /usr/sbin/brltty-genkey # maybe done, but won't hurt
/usr/sbin/brltty-genkey etc/brlapi.key
/usr/bin/chgrp braille etc/brlapi.key
chmod 640 etc/brlapi.key

I don't run Arch, so maybe the path to the binaries differ.

And of course, brltty should be running at tile of starting orca.

Greetings,

Didier