Re: [orca-list] Orca working on KDE-4.14 or at least some KDE apps, anyone?

Hello,

I am not yet familiar with slackware packaging however I guess some QT related environment variables might be mixed somewhere.

I've started recent slint I've installed about two days ago, started LXDE desktop with orca by running startx.
With no proper packaging I've built qt-at-spi like this:
    git clone git://anongit.kde.org/qtatspi.git
    cd qtatspi
    mkdir -p build
    cd build
    cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
    make
    sudo make install

All the QT4 files are placed inside /usr/lib64/qt/ on the installed system however qt-at-spi got installed into /usr/lib64/qt4/ .
Apparently this seems wrong so I've just moved some files around manually:
mv /usr/lib64/qt4/plugins/accessiblebridge /usr/lib64/qt/plugins/
rm -Rf /usr/lib64/qt4

Now when I launch QT4 apps on LXDE they are accessible.

I can't check KDE as I am blind and I don't know what I'm doing while I am not sure it's working as it should. However according to the following article there are no differences to the environment when compared with other desktops.
Here are the relevant KDE accessibility notes: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Accessibility/Screen_Reader_Setup

Greetings

Peter

Hello,

Le 21/10/2017 à 12:53, Peter Vágner a écrit :
> The QTACCESSIBILITY environment variable has to be set as per the enabling
> accessibility section in the following QT docs article:
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/accessible.html
> I think you do know this so I'm only posting this because I haven't yet
> managed to play with this on your RC image to possibly verify this my-self.

Yes, our xinitrc.kde ends like this:
cut here
# Start the window manager:
if [ -f ~/.config/startorca ]; then
        # Graphical environment A11y Initialization
        export LOGNAME="GDM"
        export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk"
        export GTK_MODULES="gail:atk-bridge" # for GTK2
        export GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1
        export QT_ACCESSIBILITY=1 # for QT4
        export QT_LINUX_ACCESSIBILITY_ALWAYS_ON=1 # for QT5
        rm -rf .cache/at-spi2-??????
        killall -u $(whoami) speech-dispatcher
        /usr/bin/speech-dispatcher -d
        /usr/bin/orca &
        sleep 0.5
fi
if [ -z "$DESKTOP_SESSION" -a -x /usr/bin/ck-launch-session ]; then
    ck-launch-session startkde
else
    startkde
fi
cut here
Some of these settings are useless so far, e.g. we don't ship gdm,
but shouldn't hurt.

I have also built the examples in the source qtatspi and can
use the GUIs, but no sound.

Greetings,

Didier