Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release] Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

both speech and braille are supported all the way from installation to after installation.
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017, B. Henry wrote:

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 18:05:15
From: B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] [Testers wanted before the official release]
    Slint64-4.2.1 release candidate is accessible.

Sounds good, but a bit unclear as to whether I can install and use with speech now, or if only braille is
fully supported at the moment, and while I
think I get it now, wording could be made a bit better re the f1 f2 f4 key bindings, i.e. it sounded like
only in fluxbox f4 closes window uppon my
first reading, but now it sounds like you have noat made an accessible run dialog for fluxbox, i.e. f2 dow
not work there.
Change but to except in would clear that up, e.g.
f2 pops up a run dialog except in fluxbox...

Anyway, if you are not working on something native or fancy, you may wish to talk to Storm and myself re
filling in a couple of gaps such as that lack
of a run dialog.
I've been using a fluxbox configuration that sounds  not all that different from what you are doing for a few
years now, i.e. I use pretty much all of
the same default apps, (I go back and forth between a few different terminal emulators looking for best
accessbility and flexibility, b ut may well be
using lxterminal at the moment).
I do use a run dialog that storm wrote and I tweaked a bit  and have a categorized apps menu with some extras
in it such as orca preferences, gui logout
etc with more development coming there.
I've never used slakware, but am glad you are doing something with  it and when time permits am interested in
testing, and as some of, maybe a whole lot
of what you are doing seems to be in line with my ideas for ligh fast and flexible Linux both novice friendly
and ready to rock for power users
accessible Linux.
Congrats, want to compare notes when time permits on a thing or two, e.g. are GUI apps run as root accessible
such as gparted, gedit or other editors,
etc?
If so, did you have tgo do anything special to get that happening?
Regards,