Re: [orca-list] Orca doesn't start properly on Arch Linux

Oct 13 2017, Alan Ghelardi has written:
(orca:2257): Gtk-WARNING ** locale not supported by C library. Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Could it be that you haven't set a locale?

Anyway, I wouldn't expect Orca to start from a real terminal. I did have
problems getting it to work though under Archlinux. It wouldn't start
automatically, because there was no orca.desktop file.

How do you start your graphical environment and desktop?
speech-dispatcher --version
If you would be happy with a working speech-dispatcher, you can try:
spd-say "Hello world."
setlocale: no such file or directory
Definitely check your locale. The Arch installation guide suggested
using /etc/locale.gen, uncommenting the desired locale(s) and then
running locale-gen . But I'm sure there are other manual routes as well.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound