Re: [orca-list] orca flat review

before going completely non-graphical on low memory system I thought better of it and replaced gnome with mate and have orca not orca-git and speech-dispatcher not speech-dispatcher-git talking on the machine. I'll see if I can turn flat review on and off with this set up after breakfast and coffee. Whether this succeeds or not, I'll try this on the large memory machine because I want to know if attempting to turn flat review on and off in a talking version of orca is a valid test for adequate or insufficient memory on a machine to run orca at all. Whatever findings I get I'll write them up here for future use by others and myself. Time effort and difficulties can be turned to advantage this way. Before I go for breakfast and coffee I should point out orca-git and speech-dispatcher-git do not work together on a mate system so for the archlinux users that's a combination to avoid unless or until communication capacity improves in the future.

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017, Jude DaShiell wrote:

Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 19:11:04
From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel panix com>
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] orca flat review

On this machine, it's very flakey. But then again I have a meg of ram on this machine. The other machine I think has 6 megs so I'm going to remove orca and xorg and gnome from this machine and only use orca on the other machine. By flakey I mean you can hit insert gray-minus several times with no announcement from orca as to which mode it enters. I'm happy to have figured out how to put orca on this machine though since that will make it possible to do the rest on the larger machine (good learning experience).