Re: [orca-list] Sound icons in Orca

Hi Vojta, all.

If you already have sound files, as opposed to tones to be generated, I
believe I already put that support in place a few years ago as an
"experimental feature." (i.e. no documentation or GUI until we had some
real-world stuff to work with).

Around that time, I put out a request for people to provide a set of
sound files appropriate to the purpose you describe -- and which I could
either include in Orca or which we could link to on the wiki. After I
worked out any kinks, I planned to document it and enable GUI support.
And if memory serves me, the lack of responses is where things stalled.

So.... I'll use this message as a re-request. If someone is good at
sound themes and wants to provide a me a set of files for roles, state
changes, and the like, let me know. Then I'll plug it in and folks can
play with it.

Thanks!
--joanie