Re: [orca-list] Problem with Orca and codeblocks

Hi Paulina,

Good to see one more visually challenged programmer getting started.

Firstly, I would recommend starting with an easy programming language such as Python.

Ruby would also be a good option.

Next, I would suggest if you really wish to learn, then you can use Eclipse with the language of your choice.

I very well remember I had posted a link to a customized eclipse package which is accessible with a few plugins to this mailing list.  I can post the link again, but it will take some time.

So would urge you to start with it.

Else you can use Emacs with emacspeak.

Again here I can help you with necessary setup,  but can do so on the coming week end.

All in all using Eclipse, Emacs etc are the best choices.

But you can certainly start using some normal text editor such as gedit or even bluefish for that matter.

Except Emacs, all the rest I mentioned are accessible.

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.